Sunday, April 22, 2018

Future me

"giving free rein to your emotions is an honest way to live" 

For this blog post I have decided to do a mood board. It focuses on my future and what I feel about my decision, as well as life in general.  As you can see, the board doesn't follow a specific color scheme or idea. I did this on purpose because at the moment the emotions I have towards my future are mixed. I know I'm excited to attend VT and pursue interior design. Interior design is something I have been passionate about for a long time and being able to go to a school that goes above and beyond for their students is something I value. Along with this, I believe environmental sustainability is very important in this study, as well as everyone's future. Being energy sufficient and reducing environmental impact will be an essential part of my design approach. However, I am someone who travels a lot and being able to do that in my future as a job would be INSANE. I am obsessed with the mountains (I'm going to Banff this summer!!! whoop whoop) and hiking in general, but I am also obsessed with musical festivals. Being able to go from one to another throughout my life would be perfect. That's why my mood board has a lot of random pictures in it. I'm just very excited to see what the next four years are like for me and overall I know my future will be awesome no matter the amount of mixed emotions I have.

side note: This year has been a struggle but thanks friends for reading my blogs and writing nice comments. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO


4 comments:

  1. Erin, your mood board is really awesome since it does its own thing and doesn't have a particular style. Also, it was interesting to hear about your plans for the future and what you hope to pursue. You seem very passionate and optimistic for the future, which is always good. It has been fun having TOK and Biology with you and to read all your interesting blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin. This is pretty cool. Congrats on getting into VT! Your mood board shows an overwhelming excitement for the future which I think is a great thing. I guess a lot of us are feeling that way now with graduation around the corner. It looks like you've got it all figured out what you want to do in college and beyond, so for that I'm happy for you :) Anyways, good luck with your life and happy trails out there in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay i love your mood board but I think you forgot a very important aspect of my future.....ME. I'm so friggin mad im not featured but its fine its not like i love you or anything *eye roll emoji* I am also SOOOOO excited to see you thrive at VT and whatever your future may be. I love you so much and I can't even explain how much i'll miss your weird a**(sorry mrs g) self next year. #cocksforever #thatswhatilike #milescantkeepusapart #birthdayextravaganza

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mood board because it is different from everyone else's. I like how you put the school you are going to but you didn't flaunt it, it isn't the main focus of your board. I like how you talk about interior design being your major because as soon as I saw this, I could already peep that that is what you were going to major in. Given you are so creative and amazing. I am sad that we didn't become as close as some of the other people and I did, but I wish you the best and you are going to be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete